Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Tons of Information!

Okay, my quilting friends, I have some information for you so please read this over carefully and let me know if you have any questions!

1)  Sewing Day!

Leila has already posted about our sewing day, but I wanted to remind you all again and add more information.  So it will be Saturday, May 11th from 9:00 am to 10:00pm (or whatever times you want to come anywhere in between those times) at the Ankeny LDS church at 721 E. 1st St. 
As a part of our sewing day, we will have a Give, Swap, Sell of fabric.  I think I have some fabric that I might want to swap or sell and I'll post pictures on our Flickr group.  Feel free to do the same if you'd like!

2)  Our Show at Gallery in the Round!

Doris emailed the forms a while back and I passed out pages 1 and 2 at the meeting before last, but I think that I may not have passed out page 3, which contains important information!  I have sent out an email to everyone whose email I have with the attachment again. If you did not get the email and would like to, please notify me by sending an email to dsmmqg@gmail.com.  I will check that email regularly.

3) National Modern Quilt Guild Membership

I intended to share the information on the blog, but I think it will be easier if I give a brief slide show and answer questions at the next meeting.   I will explain why the National Modern Quilt Guild is offering membership, what the benefits are, and let you think on it for a while before we vote about it in June.  I hope to not take up too much time so that Jill has time to show us about foundation paper piecing. 

4)  Victoria Findlay Wolfe, who won Best in Show at QuiltCon, will be presenting in Clear Lake, Iowa!  There is a small group of modern quilters starting things up there and they have Victoria coming to show quilts and talk to the group.  Since they are a very small group (I think like 3 people right now!), they will be charging $20 to attend.  Space is limited, so if you are interested, let me know at dsmmqg@gmail.com.  There is a facebook event for it, so if you are on facebook, I can send you an invite. 
Victoria's Winning Quilt

 5)  The placemats that were made and donated by this group went to Heartland Senior Services.  They were very pleased to receive them and the timing was perfect because they were having a special meal for all the people they bring meals to and were so happy to send them each a placemat!  Thanks for your help!

Okay, I think that covers it for now, but there might be a couple other things coming up soon.

Emily V.


4 comments:

  1. Explore the wide collection of home decor online from one of the best online shopping sites in India. and buy many products including handmade articles at reasonable price. home decor online shopping india

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handmade Quilts are here available on Sale. Also, buy Block Printed Quilts from here and illustrate your living space. Handmade quilts for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy cotton bed sheets online which are usually the piece of clothes in rectangular shapes exposing different designs and patterns to cover the sleeping mattresses.

    ReplyDelete