The QuiltCon quilt show will feature more than $10,000 in cash prizes. Quilt show entries open August 1 and are open to international entries.
QuiltCon will have new quilt show categories created with modern quilters in mind. A complete definition of categories is available on our categories page in addition to a blog post showing examples. You can preview the categories definitions, rules, fees and online entry formhere.
Major awards include:
• Best-in-Show, $5000 prize, sponsored by American Quilter’s Society
• People’s Choice, $1000 prize, sponsored by Andover Fabrics
• Coats & Clark Quilting Excellence award, $1000 prize, sponsored by Coats & Clark
• Best Machine Quilting, $1000 prize, sponsored by Quilting Arts and Stitch
Two challenge categories, each with a $1000 cash prize, will be part of QuiltCon:
• Modern in Miniature Quilting Challenge sponsored by Modern Quilts Unlimited
• Maasai Mara Fabric Challenge sponsored by Dear Stella
First place category awards are $500. To view a complete list of the prizes, please click here.