Friday, December 7, 2012

Sewing Day!



Men and women sew on machines in a large garment shop.
via flickr
You are invited to the DMS Modern Quilt Guild Sewing Day! 

Date:  Satuday, January 19th
Time:  8 am to 10 pm
Place:  The Ankeny LDS Church
            721 East 1st Street, Ankeny, IA
Bring:  Your sewing machine, projects, snacks to share and an extension cord.  The church is located within 2 blocks of 7 different restaurants so you can plan to go out to lunch/dinner or bring a sack lunch.  The church also has a refrigerator and microwave we can use.  We will have at least two irons and ironing boards there, but feel free to bring your own if you would like.  
Fee:  FREE!!!  This would be a great event to invite a friend to!

Leave a comment if you are planning to attend or bringing a friend so we can get a head count!  I can't wait!!!
Leila




11 comments:

  1. I will have just moved to Des Moines, fingers crossed. COUNT ME IN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for organizing this event! I can come. I don't have a real design wall, but I can bring a felt-backed table cloth to put up on a wall. I can also bring a cutting mat & rotary scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there, will extend an invite to a few as well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan on being there, and possibly bringing a friend. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as the weather holds out, I plan to attend. I have a portable design wall I can bring. Do we need to bring tables for our work stations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No tables or chairs necessary (there are tons!), but extension cords and power strips would be handy. That would be great if you could bring your design wall!

      Delete
  6. I think I will be coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm planning on coming. I can't wait to have a whole day to sew!

    ReplyDelete